Travel to Alicante
How to get there and useful information

Reaching Alicante–Elche Miguel Hernández Airport

Flights from and to many cities in Europe, cheap flights, Alicante is very well connected by plane. The Alicante airport is located 11 km from Alicante by the N-332 road. There are domestic and international flights connect Alicante to the main European and Spanish cities (Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, etc). Both regular and charter flights available.

From Alicante Airport to Alicante Center

The Campus of the University of Alicante and the Villa Universitaria (which is just next to the campus) are in San Vicente del Raspeig, just outside Alicante. From the Alicante airport there are various options. The simplest is by taxi. It takes roughly 15-20 minutes and costs 25-30 Euros. If you choose public transport, you have to reach first the center of Alicante with a bus and then take a tram or another bus. In total the tickets cost 5.30 Euros, and on the bus they can be bought on board. Tickets can also be purchased on board the bus. Please tender the exact fare, where possible, as no more than €10 will be given in change.

The bus is the “Line C-6”. It passes every 20 minutes and takes about 20 minutes. The ticket costs 3.85 Euros. Linea C-6 webpage

Mobility in Alicante

    From Alicante center to San Vicente del Raspeig (University Campus and Villa)

     Option 1: By Tram
    Tram “Line 2”. Get off the C-6 bus at the stop “Vazquez de Mella-Estación Marq”. Take the line 2 for San Vicente del Raspeig. It takes about 25 minutes and costs 1.45 Euros. Tram webpage

     Option 2: By Bus
    Bus (number 24). Get off the C-6 bus at the stop “Bus Station” (Estación de autobuses) and take the bus number 24. It reaches the Campus in 30-40 minutes and costs 1.45 Euros. Bus 24 webpage

    Useful links for public transport in Alicante

    Visa Information

    Since Spain is a member country of the Schengen zone, it applies the Schengen visa code to all short-stay travellers. This means that you will need to obtain a visa prior to your trip if one of the following statements corresponds to your situation:

    • You are a national of a third-world country whose citizens are required to obtain a Schengen visa in order to enter any member country of the Schengen Area
    • You are a national of a third-world country that has reached a visa-free movement agreement with the Schengen states, but you were previously rejected from entering Spain or any other Schengen country without a visa.

    If you need a visa to enter Spain, the LOC strongly advises you requiring a visa and/or other travel documentation to enter Spain to make their application in their home countries at least two months before the intended date of travel.

    All information can be found on Schengen visa to enter Spain official website.

    © 2023 ERSA Event all rights reserved
    Privacy policy